Monday, June 18, 2012
Post #1
I hope to gain knowledge in ways to incorporate technology into teaching. More specifically, due to my career shift to stay-at-home mom yet keeping my formative assessment teams, learn ways to make learning more powerful and to obtain formative assessment data more efficiently.
I have used "clickers" in my own classroom to gather formative assessment data ~3 times a week. I also used a Google site to keep students and parents informed of the current learning targets, internet resources that matched the content, and communicated upcoming activities and assignments.
I would like to find free resources (district will be hesitant to allocate money for this until proven) to collect and track student performance data. I want these tools to be quick and easy to use for teachers. The only way I am going to get teachers on board with using technology to foster formative assessment, is show them ways to make a large impact with very little effort/time.
It is oh so bittersweet that I will not be returning to my classroom this next school year. However, I will be continuing coaching two, possible three formative assessment teams in my district. Our district has a foundational understanding of formative assessment, I believe in the power of its process and abilities to further every students understanding, thus moving our district forward in reaching all students...technology fits the formative assessment process. Learning new technology resources to reach more students, deepening their understanding will be amazing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment