Thursday, June 28, 2012
Blog #3
This class has shown me so many different ways technology can be implemented into the content that I teach. Making what I teach more engaging and further their technology skills. I have realized that I need, my district needs to put more value on technology. We are doing a disservice to the students by not giving them more opportunities and access to technology. I have always felt like HPS was a leading district but I feel like we are lacking in this area big time.
The only question or concern I have is to how to get more technology access for my students. I believe the solution is to start writing grants....learn how to write grants to get the technology necessary to implement all of these cool tools and resources I have learned in this class.
I also feel like technology is the missing piece to making formative assessment manageable for teachers so they will use it to its highest power. I am a formative assessment coach for the MDE and the only way teachers will use the F.A. process powerfully is to make it easy to implement. I plan to explore more applications, etc. to meet the needs of F.A.
I am thankful for this class and giving me a spark to implement MORE technology!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dawn, Dawn, Dawn . . . Hudsonville is soooo going to miss you. You are such a joy to have in class that I can just imagine how pleased most parents are to have you teaching their child. You ask great questions and you have excellent experiences to fit into many of the topics we discussed. I know you're moving on to a project that needs you, but I hope to see you back in a full classroom impacting so many kids' lives in the not too distant future. Good luck in all of your endeavors!
ReplyDelete